Strategies for 2021-2025
After three years of success as an information source about local and state policy leadership opportunities, and as a network to connect women to opportunities for local and state leadership, SC WIL is poised to increase impact by:
- Organizing locally for targeted, geographic planning.
- Preparing and encouraging women to participate in policy leadership.
- Building racial and gender equity in leadership.
- Increasing the collective influence of women around South Carolina.
Continuing our role as an information hub and a connection system, our next set of strategies include:
- Organize and support locally coordinated Circles of Women dedicated to ground-up leadership.
- Promote women’s Board awareness and participation at the state level through GAP and at the local level through Circle planning.
- Prepare women for leadership through networking, training, and national collaborative partnerships.
The opportunity for involved women to engage in leadership is high. Elections for school board seats and for city and county offices are continual. Seats on boards and commissions open up regularly.
Improving gender and racial equality in leadership is crucial to our future. SC WIL believes that multi-partisan women working together will make our state a better place to live and work for all citizens. Join us as we drive change in South Carolina to create a better future for our children – and for their children.
We are women, and women get things done.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!