The 51% Club calls attention to the truth that although women are more than half of the population in South Carolina, we hold just 17.6% of seats in the state legislature. We’re also similarly underrepresented in municipal and local offices and on public appointed public boards and commissions.
- Of 170 state legislators, only 10 are Black women.
- South Carolina voters have never sent a woman to represent them in the U.S. Senate.
- Only nine S.C. women have ever held a statewide office.
You can change that!
As a member of The 51% Club, your recurring monthly donation supports WIL’s mission of increasing women’s representation on appointed public boards and commissions and in elective office in South Carolina.
Now is the time to lift the voices of ALL women in South Carolina!
Choose a level that fits both your budget and your commitment to women in leadership.
Funds implementation and expanded adoption of the MatchBoardsm platform to increase government transparency and improve access for citizens to learn about and apply for positions on public boards and commissions.
Enjoy the Women’s Champion Partner level benefits plus:
- Two complimentary tickets to the annual Leading Women Dinner and VIP Reception
Underwrites training opportunities for South Carolina women seeking elected or appointed office, including a scholarship for a woman to attend our annual multi-partisan campaign training conference or annual SpringBoard Conference on appointed boards and commissions.
Enjoy the Citizen Changemaker Partner level benefits plus:
- One complimentary ticket to the annual Leading Women Dinner
Helps maintain the only statewide database of thousands of open positions on public appointed boards and commissions in South Carolina.
Enjoy the Parity Partner level benefits plus:
- One complimentary registration to annual multi-partisan campaign training conference and annual SpringBoard Conference on appointed public boards and commissions to use or gift
- 25% member discount on all WIL event registration/tickets
- Inclusion in list of supporters in annual multi-partisan campaign training and annual SpringBoard Conference programs
Supports publication of WIL Weekly, a weekly round-up of curated news, events, and resources on women in leadership.
- 51% Club decal
- Recognition in WIL Weekly newsletter upon joining, on the 51% Club web page, and in our annual report
- Subscription to the exclusive 51% Club quarterly newsletter
- Automatic monthly donations via credit/debit card
Questions? or to modify your membership contact email@example.com