We believe that with the right knowledge and tools, any woman can become a leader. Explore our learning center to find the information you didn’t know you needed.
- Stay up to date on the latest Women in Leadership news
- Hear what the women of S.C. have to say
- Read the remarkable stories of the groundbreaking women who helped shape South Carolina
- See book recommendations for everyone
- Browse our collection of various resources for potential candidates and citizens alike
- Find a new podcast to listen to
- Watch recordings of events and other videos from our YouTube Channel
When Will the News Media Stop Defining Female CEOs by Their Age?
A new analysis of media mentions shows male leaders get to be “strong” and “innovative” while women in similar positions are described as “young.”
Here’s How to Close the Female Leadership Gap – for Good
A new study from LinkedIn shows that women hold just 32 percent of leadership positions worldwide.
Patricia Schroeder, Congresswoman Who Wielded Barbed Wit, Dies at 82
Former congresswoman Patricia Schroeder, a megaphone for the women’s movement, the first woman to serve…
Facing Gendered Ageism: How to Retain Senior Women Leaders
LA Glassford Older women in leadership roles can help fill the talent…
(1932-) A strong woman known for her activism in Columbia, Keller Barron focused on many issues: women’s rights,…
WIL Read Books
Thank You for Voting: The Maddening, Enlightening, Inspiring Truth About Voting in America by Erin Geiger Smith
Published June 2020 Available in the Richland Library collection in print and …
Whether you’re thinking about running or are already campaigning, we have plenty of resources available to help you find your way, including professional development support & tools for running.
Many women have pursued our mission long before we were founded and continue to serve as inspiration as we work to build racial and gender representation and increase the collective influence of women in leadership today.