We believe that with the right knowledge and tools, any woman can become a leader. Explore our learning center to find the information you didn’t know you needed.
- Stay up to date on the latest Women in Leadership news
- Hear what the women of SC have to say
- Read the remarkable stories of the groundbreaking women who helped shape South Carolina
- See book recommendations for everyone
- Browse our collection of various resources for potential candidates and citizens alike
- Find a new podcast to listen to
- Watch recordings of events and other videos from our Youtube Channel
Changing minds can be powerful, but history shows that changing societies takes more.
Every crisis the world faces is a crisis of leadership. The skills we need to lean into now are those considered ‘unmanly’ – empathy, collaboration and altruism
When Marilyn Loden first used the phrase “glass ceiling” at a women’s business conference in 1978, she didn’t imagine it would become a familiar metaphor for the challenges to career advancement faced by women in the workforce.
Nothing special has happened. More hours haven’t been magically added to my day. My…
WIL Read Books
First Generation: 36 Trailblazing Immigrants and Refugees Who Make America Great by Sandra Neil Wallace and Rich Wallace, Illustrated by Agata Nowicka
Published September 2018 Available in the Richland Library collection in print format.
Whether you’re thinking about running or are already campaigning, we have plenty of resources available to help you find your way, including professional development support & tools for running.
Many women have pursued our mission long before we were founded and continue to serve as inspiration as we work to build racial and gender representation and increase the collective influce of women in leadership today.