2021 SpringBoard Virtual Conference
March 19 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
Hosted by SC Women in Leadership
with the support from
The annual SpringBoard Virtual Conference helps women gain the confidence and knowledge to step forward and seek positions on local and statewide appointed boards and commissions that best suit their experience and interests.
For questions or to inquire about scholarships supported by Bank of America, contact us at email@example.com.
Keynote: Alex Taylor, Head of Global Banking and Markets Human Resources & HR Regulatory, Conduct and Business Controls Initiatives, Bank of America
Fireside chat with Ms. Taylor on the importance of increasing racial and gender representation in leadership and encouraging women to lead from the ground up. Participants will have the opportunity to submit questions for Ms. Taylor.
State and Local Commissions & Boards
presented in partnership with All in Together
Presenter: AIT Fellow TBD
Participants will learn the important role of boards and commissions, how they have a direct impact on our everyday lives, and understand the responsibilities associated with serving on a board or commission.
11:45am – Break
- Remarks on confidence by Sara Goldsby, Director, DAODAS
- “Table” Breakout Activity – participants will be divided into breakout session “tables” of 10 to complete an activity to foster networking in a virtual environment.
12:30pm – Break
12:45pm – Skill-Building Mini-Sessions (15 minutes each + 5 min Q&A)
- Networking and References – How to submit a strong application and follow-up. (PERSISTENCE!)
- Presenter: TBD
- Understanding Board Process – How boards function, who they answer to, what it means to be on a board, etc.
- Presenter: Tiffany Albert, CAP-OM, Municipal Clerk, City of Greenwood, SC
- Finding a Board the Suits Your Skills & Interests
- Presenter: Emily Bowerman, SC WIL Governmental Appointment Project Coordinator
1:45-2:30pm – Getting Appointed to Office in South Carolina Panel Discussion
Moderator: Jean Sinzdak, Associate Director, Center for American Women and Politics
- Suzanne Burckhalter , Berkley County Clerk
- Debbie Summers, Lexington County Council District 4
2:30-3pm – Closing Session
MatchBoard Unveiling presented by SC Women in Leadership
- Anna Berger, COO, SC Association of Counties
- Erika Hammond, City Clerk, Columbia, SC
- Teresa Wilson, City Manager, Columbia, SC
Prototype demonstration of MatchBoard application allowing cities and counties to manage, and the public to access, positions on public boards and commissions.