We believe that every level of government in South Carolina must act in the best interest of all people.
Goal One: South Carolinians will know the importance of government on their personal lives and understand the issues that face our state.
- Develop approaches to build opportunities for face-to-face conversations to determine local issues. Consider a pilot project.
- Aggregate issues papers, candidates’ questionnaires, and candidate “report cards” from a variety of entities that reflect a range of opinions in one, easily accessible location. Include a link to the League of Women Voters’ Vote411. Develop processes to “drive” people to that location.
- Support voter registration drives throughout the state.
- Provide education opportunities so voters understand the issues prior to voting.
Goal Two: South Carolinians will have confidence in the election process.
- Support the League of Women Voters efforts to establish a non-partisan redistricting process
- Educate voters on the various bills relating to this issue and encourage them to voice their support for their preference.
Goal Three: South Carolina will become increasingly multi-partisan.
- Encourage people, especially women, to run for offices on local, regional, state and federal levels.
- Encourage people to become involved in elections in both paid and volunteer positions.
- Aggregate training opportunities for potential candidates.